CRITICAL NEXT STEPS
For NJ Church & Prayer Coalition
We just wanted to thank you for participating in the Saturate New Jersey movement. This is undeniably a John 17 Kingdom investment that God promises to bless as we labor together, as one body united, to see families and neighborhoods saturated with the Gospel.
With the Saturate New Jersey initiative, we have the opportunity to invite 5-15 churches in every zip code throughout the state to work together, strengthening a unified a NJ Church & Prayer Coalition to reach every home with the Gospel.
Please watch how NJ County Teams are beginning to unify!
Participating Churches: Critical Next Steps
Please take a moment to reflect on what is being expected of you as a Participating Church. In order to maximize your church’s involvement, please carry out the following steps:
1. If you are not the appointed Saturate Leader for your church, then you need to appoint a Saturate Leader who will help promote Saturate New Jersey and recruit volunteers for Saturate pack assembly, materials distribution and follow-up teams.
2. Appoint a Prayer Leader in your church who will develop a prayer team to pray for God to raise up volunteers, soften the hearts of those receiving the Saturation packets and follow-up opportunities. You can help organize neighborhood prayer walks, organized morning or evening on-location prayer gatherings, dial-in prayer calls, prayer at the packing party, etc.
3. Begin thinking of measurable follow-up strategies for revisiting homes within your scope.
4. Begin to identify and invite neighboring churches that will partner with you in your zip code with distribution to every home.
5. Work with the Saturate NJ Leadership Team to document what God will do through Saturate and to help tell our Saturate New Jersey story.
Zip Code Teams: Critical Next Steps
We are asking that you begin the communication process with each other immediately. We suggest a collaborate group email, and a phone or video conference call, with all church partners. FreeConferenceCall.com or Zoom.us phone/video conferencing are great ways to meet as a group. We are asking that you begin dialoguing about immediate strategies, such as a Saturate Leader(s) and a Prayer Leader(s) for your zip codes. Please make these decisions together as a leadership team.
2. CHOOSE ZIP CODE LEADERS
The zip code should have multiple churches working together to reach every home. Your Zip Code Team should choose a Saturate Leader and Prayer Leader. They will work with the Participating Church leaders to help develop and facilitate unified prayer and Gospel strategies in your zip code.
1. ZC Saturate Leaders – Work with Participating Church Saturate Leaders to help build a unified church collation in your zip code, helping to develop saturate and follow-up strategies together.
2. ZC Prayer Leaders – Work with participating church’s prayer leaders to help build a unified prayer movement covering for Saturate and follow-up efforts such as: neighborhood prayer walks, organized morning or evening on-location prayer gatherings, dial-in prayer calls, prayer at the packing party, etc.
County Teams: Critical Next Steps
We are asking that you begin the communication process with your county’s Church & Prayer Coalition leaders. We suggest a collaborate group email, and a phone or video conference call, with all church partners. FreeConferenceCall.com or Zoom.us phone/video conferencing are great ways to meet as a group.
2. CHOOSE THE SATURATE COUNTY LEADER(S)
The role of both Saturate County Leader and Prayer Leader are critical ones. Each county could have one or several working together.
The County Leader works with Participating Church Leaders to help facilitate the Saturation movement in their county. Your County Leader is committing to:
1. Facilitate monthly county meetings (in-person and/or conference calls) to help build your county’s Church & Prayer Coalition movement.
2. Help recruit additional participating churches to complete your county’s adoptions.
3. Work with the County Prayer Leader, keeping them informed of progress and needs for their prayer movement.
4. Work with each church’s appointed Saturate Leader to make sure they have everything they need to succeed in their areas.
5. Encourage churches to start planning follow-up strategies, whether individual or unified as a group.
6. Report back any important Saturate updates or testimonies to the Saturate New Jersey leadership team to document and post on SaturateNYMetro.org/SaturateNewJersey.
3. CHOOSE THE COUNTY PRAYER LEADER(S)
Prayer is essential. This CANNOT happen without a coordinated prayer movement in every county and zip code. Each county needs its own Saturate Prayer Leader who will commit to:
1. Facilitate monthly prayer meetings (in-person and/or conference calls) to help build your county’s Prayer Coalition movement.
2. Work with the County Leader to stay informed all prayer needs for the County’s saturation efforts.
3. Encourage Zip Code Prayer Leaders to help build a unified prayer movement, covering Saturate and follow-up efforts such as: neighborhood prayer walks, organized morning or evening on-location prayer gatherings, dial-in prayer calls, prayer at the packing party, etc.
4. Report back any prayer updates or testimonies to the Saturate New Jersey Leadership Team. We would like to feature testimonies and stories of each zip code’s prayer movement.
Assigning Neighborhood Maps:
Once the maps are received by mail, all church partners will decide which census block maps work best for each church’s local goals. Each census block map will have a different number of households – ranging from 300-1200 homes per map. **PLEASE MAKE PDF COPIES OF YOUR MAPS. You will need them to report and follow-up in future outreaches.
Packing Party / Zip Code Launch:
This is the official launch and declaration of the John 17 movement that has now begun in your zip code! This should include volunteers from your church for a powerful time of prayer, worship, unity and Saturation pack assembly!
Personalize Your Saturation Packs:
In addition to the wonderful materials sent free of charge by Saturate USA, each church should personalize their own bags with their church’s own information and materials. This could be a welcome letter, event flyer, or church brochure. We encourage you to be as creative as you would like!
“Local” Saturate information will always be posted at SaturateNYMetro.org/SaturateNewJersey. Any church can adopt a zip code directly at SaturateNewJersey.org. Let’s see more zip code adoptions and build stronger movements.
Thank you all for your prayer, consideration and commitment to the Saturate NJ plan to see no sheep without a shepherd and to see New Jersey united in prayer, worship and evangelism!
In His Service,
Saturate New Jersey Leadership Team